Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day

When did Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday (Observed) become MLK Day? 

I remember when KFC was Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I'll tell you what- they're not fooling me just because they stopped saying the word fried out loud.  I'm actually sad that IHOP no longer goes by its full name, The International House of Pancakes, because I think there is an untouchable epic quality to a designation such as that.  Thankfully, I just peeked on their website to ensure that they had not also abandoned The Rooty Tooty Fresh N' Fruity, and it is listed under Signature Favorites.  Now, I'm wondering if Denny's still has Moons Over My Hammy on their menu, but I can't keep doing this all day.

I actually came in here to post this great quote that I just so happened to see in a book last night:
 "We may have all come on different ships, but we're all in the same boat now."
                                                                                             -Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment